First off I am very bad at blog chains. I even hated chain letters as a kid. Oh, they fascinated me. Imagine the same letter being seen by all those people, in one long imaginary chain. The concept is cool, participating in one always made me feel inadequate for the immensity of the whole thing. But I think I just need to get over that and play along.
I was tagged by author Amber Gilchrist in the One Lovely Blog Award.
For this blog hop, you list seven random facts about yourself. So this should be interesting.
1. I was a Russian Language major in college and studied it in high school too. My high school was one of the first to do an exchange with a school in Moscow in 1989.
2. I was also an Anthropology major. But the reason is a bit different than most… primarily because I chose the major after reading a bunch of Jean Auel’s Earth’s Children books. A brilliant mix of research and story.
3. I love to cook. Not bake. Cook. And I love to watch the Food channel. So do my kids, although Cupcake Wars is their favorite.
4. I am an old school sci-fi nerd. Although I don’t consider myself a nerd. I don’t obsess over my sci-fi interests, I just love them. 🙂 Ray Bradbury is a huge inspiration for me, as is Ursula K. LeGuin and C.J. Cherryh.
5. I don’t watch tv. I use that time to write. The one exception I make is American Idol. Those kids inspire me.
6. I love classic cars. This one comes out of left field, I know. But there it is.
7. I’ve visited some different places on the globe, namely China, Taiwan, Chile and St. Petersburg. But I’ve never been to western Europe. I have to add that to my “to-visit” list. 🙂
Now that you know more about me than you ever wanted to know, go check out these bloggers!